PET DOG TRAINING CLASSES
PUPPIES | RESCUES | ADULTS
We have a dedicated training field in Abberton near Colchester in Essex. Working outside in a field allows for a different experience compared to indoor classes, with this in mind a lot of our training works well with distractions already in place so you are able to advance the training more effectively. The key to our training is that it is all fully force free, allowing the dogs to work things out for themselves to achieve the right result. This in turn means that the dog is truly learning the behaviour.
All our classes are for both puppies and mature dogs alike, each dog and owner will have their own challenges depending on how your pup is progressing so we ensure that we have no more than 8 dogs in a class at any one time thus allowing for individual help with the training so that you can progress at your own pace.
We are looking to ensure that confidence is increased week on week. In order to establish excellent training there is a need to realise that it will not be instant, and that dog training will need to be continued between classes, with this in mind we make the training classes as fun as possible and hope you continue to inject fun into training outside of class.
Each class will last for 45 minutes and will have no more than 8 dogs in a class.
Where , When & How Much Are Our Classes?
As mentioned above our training classes are held in Abberton along the Mersea Road between Mersea & Colchester.
Our class times and prices are as follows:
Beginners Pet Dog Classes - £10 per Class, we recommend a minimum of 8 classes are attended.
Saturday 11am, 12pm
Intermediate Classes - £10 per Class, we recommend a minimum of 8 classes
What Will You learn?
Beginners Pet Dog Class - IMDT Partnership Grade One:
- LOOSE LEAD WALKING - Walking nicely on lead
- VET INSPECTIONS - Allowing your dog to be handled by other people comfortably
- RECALL - From play
- SIT - Whilst walking away
- DOWN - Whilst walking away
- TRICKS - Rollover, Spin, Moonwalk, Bow
- CONE SEARCH - Scent work to get your dog using his/her nose
Intermediate Class - IMDT Partnership Grade Two:
- LOOSE LEAD WALKING - 200 Metres
- CLEAR JUMP - Appropriate height for dog
- RECALL - Including emergency stop
- SIT - 1 Minute whilst at a distance
- DOWN - 2 Minutes whilst at a distance
- TRICK - 3 tricks in a row
- CONE SEARCH - At distance